MoAners United

For those of us who remember, that, and we just need a forum for RP Games!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Survivor: Zombie Nation

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

Survivor: Zombie Nation Empty
PostSubject: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:09 pm

As Zarita swung her bat, doing massive brain damage to the zombie in front of her, she decided that there was an advantage to her upbringing. She'd always been teased about it, since everyone was privy to everyone's business in a small town.

Gay father who lived in California with his partner, both of whom she loved, was something that people didn't understand or tolerate where she was from. Her mother among them. Their relationship had never been good because despite the distance between them, Zarita was closer to her father. Only the courts kept her mother from forbidding her from seeing him. And perhaps in an attempt to never be fooled by a gay man again, her mother got remarried to a man the complete opposite of her father.

Everything about him screamed stereotypical redneck. He'd even owned a gun rack in the garage, insisting just about every weekend that the whole family take a hunting trip. It was "cute" if her mother only came to picnic 'cause she couldn't shoot a gun and thought it was cruel to animals, it was "rebelling" if it was Zarita doing and saying those things.

She was thankful now, though. Her town was one of the last places hit with these zombies, and while there was speculation on what had started it, rather than worry about the whys and hows, it was a bit more important to figure out how to remain alive.

Her stepfather, for all his faults, had been devastated when her mother was bitten. They both were. But he helped her pack up some supplies, stole a big Humvee from a coworker he'd always hated and had only just too happily shot upon realizing he was a zombie, and then shoved every gun he owned into the back with boxes filled with the ammo for them.

He knew she was going to go West, find out if her father was alive and put him out of his misery if he wasn't. Considering he only kept a small number of bullets and a single gun, Zarita suspected he was going to just commit suicide after taking out a few more zombies. She didn't ask, though. She thanked him, kissed his cheek and went on her way.

Now she was in New Orleans, where she'd stopped to find food and she decided she hated this city. Too many damn people-turned-zombies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Monkey King
Meglomaniac
Monkey King

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 4:47 pm

I've started being fascinated by them. It's kind of sick in a way if I admitted it to myself, but why admit that? it's like the foreboding fact that there is no one else out there not a zombie.

I watched as a couple of zombies feasted on some hapless victim. hapless may not have been right term, nor was feasted, but I didn't know what else to call it. They ripped into what was left of one of their own, unless people decided the whole blood splatter all over your face was an in look.

I scrabbled away, watching them to see if they heard my slight movements over their loud eating habits. I wonder if they have a preference? is meat just meat to them?

I turned to look at the road up above, some sort of crossroads and froze. Now I'm not talking literally, but you know, sort of felt cold inside and so forth, but there, swinging a bat like some character out of a comic book was a girl.

It's strange, I've spent all this time moving and running, following what I could of this damn journal, I figured I was the last one left alive in the world, and here she was, like some strange force of nature. I noticed then the lack of sound and turned, I had stupidly stood up and the two dead ones behind me had stopped feasting to stare at me, like I was some new strange being to them.

I turned and ran towards the girl with the bat. What a sight I would have been huh? a shotgun strapped to my back behind a backpack, tangled hair streaming away from my frightened face, eyes wide in terror, my jeans and hoodie grubby and dirty running towards someone with a bat.

I hope she doesn't have a gun and shoots me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://moaunited.forumotion.com
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:04 pm

She heard footsteps coming, fast. Damn, but she'd thought she had kept a good count of how many there were. Grabbing the gun tucked in at her waistband, she swung the bat one last time one-handed at the zombie immediately in front of her. As soon as it started going down, Zarita half-turned, gun in hand, ready to shoot.

Only years of hunting with her stepfather kept her from shooting off a round immediately without seeing clearly at what she was shooting at. Even then, it took her an additional second to identify the one coming at her as not being a zombie. She was a bit grimy, but the girl was all human. She looked scared enough, too. Zarita moved her gaze past the girl's face and saw the two zombies coming quickly behind.

"Gee, thanks, bring 'em to me why don't you?" Zarita muttered, moving the gun to aim instead at the zombies before shooting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Monkey King
Meglomaniac
Monkey King

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:51 pm

You ever seen those movies where at some critical point everything slows down. Every little detail is refined and honed so that the main character can reflect on some small minute detail, or perhaps at that time of slowness the main hero is in fact moving twice as fast as everyone else.

This isn't a movie.

In fact, I doubt in a movie the main character would suddenly start screaming when they realise that the person they are running to for salvation and help is in fact wielding a gun. A large gun. One that is aimed at her. and I doubt that person would suddenly crouch over while screaming and running.

I heard the boom of the gun and knew I was going to die. Not only was this woman some amazon of legend, she was also Sam Raimi's wet dream.

I continued screaming and running straight at the girl figuring the pellets from the gun wouldn't just draw attention to us, but blow me back into the waiting maws of the chasing zombies.

I was crying as well.

This should be a movie, it would be a really good movie.

Damn, I thought lots while running and screaming.
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:36 pm

The shot fired true, hitting the closest of the two zombies between the eyes. Well, in truth, in the eye, but either way, the result was the same: one dead zombie.

Before Zarita could focus on the other, however, she realized the girl was screaming. And crying. Worst of all, she was still running full speed ahead, straight at Zarita. She barely had registered that thought when the other girl ran right into her. The two went flying back and Zarita gasped as the wind was knocked out of her.

Without breath to speak, she couldn't tell the girl to get off of her, but knew they had seconds before that second zombie reached them. Gathering her strength, she shoved the girl sideways, aiming in the zombies general direction best she could and pulled the trigger, caring more about keeping the creature away rather than making a clean kill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Monkey King
Meglomaniac
Monkey King

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 2:30 am

My ears rang as the sound of the gun fired off like some cannon near my ear holes.

I cannoned into something, soft, so I figured was my would be killer and we spwaled into a heap on the ground.

I felt hands, like some great machine almost hurl me across the road, the gun pressed across my chest as I was flung away like some rag doll and the sound of the gun echoed against the buildings loudly.

If she didn't kill me soon, there were going to be more of them and there was no way I wanted to be chewed on.

I landed and cried out, breaking my sobs as I landed on my back, the gun tucked into the back of my jeans jabbed viciously into me. I rolled, reaching back and pulled at the gun, pulling it out of my pants and flicked the safety, stopping to see what had become of my two would be consumers.

Man, this would have been an awesome movie....
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:27 am

They were dead and Zarita was panting, trying to get in a good lungful of air. God damn, but this wasn't the time to be out of breath. She needed to get back to the car. She looked over towards the girl and she was sure she looked as pissed off as she felt.

"What the fuck were you doing?" she demanded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Monkey King
Meglomaniac
Monkey King

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 1:13 pm

I looked at this girl. She was really alive? I would have reached out to touch her to make sure she was real, but, well, I just ran into her and that kind of proved she was real. I absently flicked the safety back on, one incident and a hole in the back of my pants had taught me a quick sharp lesson.

My ears were still ringing from the closeness of her gunshot, and her voice came as some sort of muffled mumbling. I stood up and put my finger in my ear, shifting it around to try to clear out the ringing, "Sorry? what? My ears, your gunshot has made them ring."
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:34 pm

Zarita stood. She didn't have time to repeat herself. All that noise, there were bound to be more zombies soon.

"Never mind. Next time, try actually using your gun," she suggested, turning to walk back a bit.

She had set down a gallon of water and a bag of food when she came across the zombies she had used her bat on, in an attempt to not draw attention to herself. Ah well. There weren't too many houses around here, and the gas station she'd left the car at was around the corner. Hopefully she'd make it there with no further incidents.

She picked up her stuff, tucking her gun under the waistband of her jeans again, safety on. She barely glanced over her shoulder at the girl as she started walking. "I suggest you not stick around. More are bound to come any second now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:15 pm

The truck was just sitting at the gas station, and it looked like it was in pretty good shape too. A strange thing to see these days. Rich walked over to the dark green truck and poked around it. The bed was empty and the doors were locked, a big heavy firefighters axe was held on to his back by a black belt and it would easily smash through the windows but...with the way it looked it seemed this car was recently used. If that was true...people (REAL people) might be somewhere close and they'd come back to their truck and he'd have a working ride!

Doctor Rich Greyson gave himself a brilliantly white smile in the reflection of the window, relieved he wouldn't have to travel alone anymore if everything went right. After escaping that madness at the hospital he worked at he'd never traveled with people for more than a day before zombies would break them up. It seemed like ages since he'd had any intelligent conversation...or a good fuck. Maybe he'd run into some good looking ladies? He was handsome enough to get what he wanted if they were...

Short brown hair with bangs that gracefully fell before bright intelligent grey eyes. A strong jaw, perfectly white and straight teeth, full lips and perfect skin. Greyson was very good at getting ladies to look at him. His surprisingly clean white lab coat sat over a slightly disheveled button up white shirt and grey slacks. His clothes both hid and accentuated his long legs and broad chest and shoulders and the shirt was slightly unbuttoned to show the start of smooth muscles and a hairless chest.

Greyson removed his axe from his back before sitting on the front of the truck and waiting for it's owner(s) to arrive with the axe laying over his legs. He dreamed they were a group of buxom horny babes just dying to have an orgy with a handsome doctor.

Monkey King
Meglomaniac
Monkey King

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:57 pm

i followed after the girl, trying to think of something to say that wouldn't make me sound patronising. Things like, well of course more are coming after that huge thing you call gun was fired off. We should be able to drag in the whole state's worth of them.

It was the whole act with the bat and the gun. I had already mentally named her Buffy. I stuck a finger in my ear as it was ringing loudly from the gun shot.

"Sorry, I ummmm panicked." I felt the heat rising to my cheeks, "I can't really handle the gun while I'm moving, I ummmm, only ever fired it off once."

I glanced around nervously as the buildings seemed to loom like fearsome beasts, "I just haven't seen any living person in weeks, I thought you weren't real for a second there."
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 6:27 pm

She was following her. Zarita wasn't sure how she felt about it. "Once? And you're still alive? Lucky you. Luckier, to not have run into other survivors." Other people were generally to be avoided, Zarita had come to realize.

She turned the corner, stopping after a few feet. There was someone sitting on her truck. If she'd had a free hand, she'd have pulled her gun on him. Unfortunately, she didn't, and she didn't quite trust this girl to not shoot her own foot by accident.

"Who the fuck are you?" Zarita called out. She wasn't getting any closer without an answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 6:34 pm

Greyson looked up as the two women approached. They looked jumpy and they had guns. He hopped off the truck and set his axe down, holding up his hands to show he wasn't dangerous, "Hello," he said pleasantly, "My name is Rick Greyson! Saw your truck and it looked like someone might come back to it so I camped out. I was wondering if I could travel with you?" he gave them both a charming smile, "I'm a doctor! I could be a lot of help!"

Telling people he was a doctor was usually the one thing that had them snapping him up. He could set broken bones and treat infections...things that were very important in this day and age. Hopefully these two young women would think the same thing because he was sick of traveling alone.

Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 6:48 pm

"That means shit to me," Zarita promptly informed him. "That's no reason to trust you as far as I can throw you. And you could've been one shitty doctor. So why don't you just move along?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 6:58 pm

Rich laughed and shook his head, "Ma'am you're being cruel...There's power in numbers you know and I'm pretty handy with my axe."

He picked up his axe and slung it on his back again, "Look, what can I do to convince you to let me tag along? You don't even have to let me ride in the cab if you don't want to, I'll sit in the bed..." he sighed and looked at the ground, sounding a little sad, "Please miss, I'll do anything..."

Monkey King
Meglomaniac
Monkey King

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 7:15 pm

I pulled my gun out, looking first at the guy and then at Buffy. The guy was cute, kind of a beverly hills 90210 sort of way. He was suddenly Dylan in my head.

I eased the gun out, holding it lightly in my ground but not aiming it at anyone. Buffy obviously didn't know Dylan, and she obviously didn't like people.

"Ummmm, I was wondering if I could come along as well, my trail has changed directions again and, well, you seem to know what your doing more than anyone or anything else I have seen lately."

Admittedly, most of the people I had seen were dead and being eaten and well, I stayed quiet while I moved on, only being seen when I met Buffy here.
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 7:44 pm

Zarita looked over at the girl, noting she'd pulled her gun out without having had to be told. So, she seemed at least a little smart, if a bit jumpy. She looked back at the "doctor". He looked the part. She felt weird saying yes to one and no to the other. She knew as much about the girl as she did the doctor. But if she said no to that panicky girl, she'd feel guilty. Who knew how long she'd last on her own?

Sighing, Zarita asked, "What do I look like, a bus driver?" She moved past the doctor to the truck, dumping her things in the bed. She turned back to them. "If you're useless, I'll leave your ass behind. I'm not a babysitter. Or a chauffer, so you want to go somewhere? Find your own way there. Got it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 pm

Greyson gave her a smile and held out his hand, "Thank you ma'am," he gave the nervous girl a nod and a kind look, "It's nice to meet the both of you, might I have your names?" The first woman hadn't told him to get in the bed of the truck so he climbed into the cab and sat in the passenger seat, pulling his axe free and setting it on the floor beside his feet. Perhaps he should look in to getting a gun like these two girls.

"So where are you heading?" he asked her casually, "I don't really have a destination, just been trying to survive since my hospital was over run."

Monkey King
Meglomaniac
Monkey King

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 7:59 pm

I moved towards the truck, feeling as if my heart had risen to my throat. I placed the gun back into the back of my jeans and noticed then that Dylan had taken the passenger seat, rather than be squashed between Buffy and Dylan I clambered up into the back and took my bag off while I sat down.

My ears were still ringing but it looked like that was a small price to pay for what I had managed to stumble on. He was right, kindness came in the strangest forms, and from the strangest of places, maybe I would be able to find him now.

I pulled out one of the dairies and started to read while I lay down in the back. With my ears ringing I couldn't hear much from the front seat at the moment.

Last edited by Monkey King on Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Zarita shook her head, going around to get into the driver's seat. "No manners. You normally give your name before asking for one. Seat belts."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 8:19 pm

"Ah, sorry!" he rubbed his temple and grinned apologetically, "It's been awhile since I've been in polite society. Gotta admit though, I like that everyone seems to appreciate me for my brains now..." Rich held out his hand to her, grey eyes sparkling, "My name is Rich Greyson, the bad sense of humor comes free of charge."

Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 8:24 pm

Again, Zarita didn't take his hand. She didn't quite trust him. Instead, she turned the car on and shifted it into drive. "Zarita. I was serious about the seat belts." She looked in the rear view into the backseat. "And you back there?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 8:38 pm

Rich sighed and buckled up. Hopefully she would warm up eventually, "So where are you going," he said as soon as he was strapped in. He turned in his seat to look at the woman sitting in the back, "And what's your name, mind sharing with me?"

Last edited by Salazar on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Monkey King
Meglomaniac
Monkey King

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 8:43 pm

I heard a muffled talking and looked up, noticing Dylan was looking at me. I smiled at him, feeling suddenly shy and saw that Buffy was looking at me in the mirror. I sat up and tried to clear my ear out with my finger, "sorry, my ears are ringing badly, I'm Tabitha, nice to meet you both." I said, placing the small diary face down on my lap.
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:59 pm

Ah, right, she had shot the gun awfully close to the girl's head. "Right, sorry about that," she said, raising her voice a bit so Tabitha could hear her better. "Zarita's the name. And if you can't pronounce it, don't butcher my name and just call me Z."

She turned her attention back to the road. "As for the where: California."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:17 pm

Greyson nodded and turned his head to look out the window, "California huh? Sounds fine to me, I've always liked California..." he slipped into silence, yawning slightly. He was exhausted...this was the safest place he'd been in some time and everything was really catching up to him...

He didn't fall asleep but he did start to doze a little, fingertips resting at the axe shaft between his knees.

Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Zarita glanced over briefly at hearing his yawn, then back at Tabitha for a brief second. "Feel free to go to sleep, too, if you want. If you two were wandering around on foot, probably been some time since you got some decent shut eye."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Monkey King
Meglomaniac
Monkey King

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:02 am

I shrugged and laid back down on the seat and read his diary. I liked the way he wrote things, the way he descibed certain scenes and scenarios. I also liked the way he detailed his journey. California was a good direction to head, Jake had gone across country back to California, so so far, this was a great meeting of chances for me.
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:18 am

Zarita focused on the road, hoping to be out of away from New Orleans and out of Louisiana by nightfall. California by car was only about a 2 or 3 days drive from her town, but that didn't take into account the need to stop for gas and defend against zombies. Or the need to find food, as restaurants and drive-thrus were currently closed indefinitely. Plus there was the problem of car crashes and such blocking the roads and sometimes having to find alternate routes.

All-in-all, there was no telling how long it would be before she got to Cali, and the worry over her father and his partner gnawed at her mind if she dwelled on it too much. Which she did often. After all, what else was there to do? She leaned sideways, careful not to wake the doctor as she opened the glove compartment to grab some of the CDs she'd stuffed in there. No radio meant providing your own music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:20 pm

Rich wasn't sure for how long he had slept but he did know he felt better rested than he had in weeks. With a big jaw cracking yawn he opened his eyes and stretched in the seat, looking first out the window and then over at Zarita who was still driving.

"Hey," he said, voice husky from sleep, "You want me to take over so you can get some shut eye too?" he rubbed his palm over the scratchy stubble on his strong jaw and gave her a small grin, "Just point me in the right direction..."

Greyson's eyes subtly traced over her body. She was good looking. Now that he wasn't exhausted or trying to wheedle himself into her good graces he could take some time to just look at her. Well, god was being good to him. He made sure his glances weren't obvious before turning to just stare out the windshield. He could get lucky with this girl.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Survivor: Zombie Nation
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MoAners United :: Get your game on... :: RP Games-
Jump to: