MoAners United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MoAners United

For those of us who remember, that, and we just need a forum for RP Games!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Sunken Temple

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LucaStefan
Dementia
Dementia

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:30 am

((My advice is just to roll with it for now, and for the first part, you will have to fit in to what I say here.))

You barely finished your morning ritual today when you received the ominous phone call. A couple of hours later, here you are, in a cheap hotel at the edge of the city. Two men in suits stand before you and they begin questioning you. "How did you find out about the Expedition?"
You remember the article in the local newspaper a couple of months back. A small article, somewhere towards the last pages, near the articles about aliens attacking and paranormal happenings. It was certainly weird, the ship returning from it's arctic expedition with only one survivor, but you didn't take any special note of it then. You remember the name of the ship however, as you've encountered it a couple weeks after the first article in another article which stated that the arctic expedition lead by Dr. William Mason, professor of archeology at Oxford, (which did not return) will be refinanced by the then-unknown Harold Wier, "To recover the remains of Dr. Mason and his team, and to find out what happened to the expedition.", Wier declared.
You now remember that the man that did return from the initial exploration was no help at all. You had researched about the expedition's survivor, and found out that he was in a state of shock when he returned, unaware of his surroundings and babbling while standing in the corner of the crew cabin while gripping an orb tightly. The man, James Morningham, threw himself out of his hospital room's window and fell to his death a couple of days after being found on the ship. You searched information about the orb he was carrying, but found nothing more.
Either way, you became intrigued about this new expedition because of the potential for fame, the potential for money, your own curiosity, or whatever other reason, so you sent a letter, volunteering for it. A couple of weeks later, you received a telephone call.
You explain this situation to the men in suits as one of them wires a lie detector to you. "This is Mr Johnson, he is an agent for the MI6. They have taken special interest to our new expedition, and they want to make sure everyone is not a spy" the other man, which is sitting down in front of you, informs you. "My name is Robert, by the way." he adds, as Mr Johnson rolls his eyes as he tells you "I'm going to ask you a couple of base questions, so I can calibrate the machine."
"Firstly, what is your name?"
Back to top Go down
Hulehvalen
Dementia
Dementia

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:36 am

My name is John Smith II Jr.
Back to top Go down
Ziadan
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion
Ziadan

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 12:37 pm

Terrance Wilkinson
Back to top Go down
http://zegovia.deviantart.com/
LucaStefan
Dementia
Dementia

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 4:08 am

((fair enough, should be easier to manage with two players))

You announce your name loudly and clearly, but it becomes apparent to you that Mr Johnson knows a lot more about you than you would think, including your name. He simply nods as he adjusts some knobs and flips some switches on the weighty machine that lies on the small hotel table.
"Who is the current prime-minister of the United Kingdom?" Mr Johnson asks, so he can further calibrate the machine. You know the prime-minister to be Andrew Bonar Law, elected a year ago. You reply, and the man from the government continues to adjust knobs.
"Finally, what is your age and where were you born?" he asks.
Back to top Go down
Hulehvalen
Dementia
Dementia

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:44 am

"I'm 26 and from Ipswich, but I guess you already knew that, Mr. Robert" Smith answered, eyeing Robert.

Last edited by Hulehvalen on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ziadan
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion
Ziadan

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:04 am

"34 years from Cambridge." Terrance replied.
Back to top Go down
LucaStefan
Dementia
Dementia

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:12 am

((Hula, that's just some dude called Robert, not mr Wier))

Mister Johnson taps Robert on the shoulder, as to signify that he's done with his own questions. Robert leans forward and lights a cigarette. "Alright, so now that that is out of the way, tell me about yourself, if you will", Robert asks. "Give us a general background, and please specify why you think you would be a valuable addition to this expedition... any special skills you might have" he explains.

((Don't have to insert that into dialogue if you don't want.))
Back to top Go down
Ziadan
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion
Ziadan

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:15 am

Terrance served a good deal in the army in the service of his country and attained the rank of lieutenant, exerienced a handfull of real combat situations and earned himself a few medals. After his military service he took to studies and majored in History, biology and archeology. His skills would help the investigation of what happened to of Dr Masons team and the origins of the previously mentioned orb the survivor was found with and salvage any findings the team had come across. His military experience would also help in any fight or other kind of hostile situation.
Back to top Go down
Hulehvalen
Dementia
Dementia

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 7:55 am

Smith is a polyglot, speaking several living languages, as well as some dead ones. He is from a rich Ipswich family, having studied in Oxford. He is well-versed in history, as well as having a decent grounding in physics, chemistry and biology. He has lived a sheltered life, but hearing tales of dashing explorers, penetrating the deep and dank jungles of the Amazon, he soon found himself craving adventure.
Back to top Go down
LucaStefan
Dementia
Dementia

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 7:08 am

After thoroughly questioning you about every detail of your personal history, the two men whisper to each other a few words before turning back to you and smiling. Mr Robert digs into his crocodile-leather suitcase and takes out a bulky envelope. He hands it to you and says that you should open it when you get home. Both men stand up and extend their hands to you, as to make it clear that the meeting is over. You say a hurried goodbye and the trip home goes by in a daze.
You hesitate for a moment, before opening the envelope, wondering if you should get any more involved in this. You curiosity gets the better of you, however, and you tear it open. Inside there about 1000 pounds in large notes, a picture of the strange orb, and a note from mister Weir himself.

((Timeline split! You are now in direct controll of your character))
Back to top Go down
Ziadan
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion
Ziadan

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 8:22 am

Terrance raised an eyebrow as he lights his pipe and sat down in his chair and thought for several minutes. He knew this was going to be an assignment quite out of the ordinary. He then picks up mr. Wiers note and reads it in the light from the open fire in his living room.
Back to top Go down
Hulehvalen
Dementia
Dementia

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:55 am

Smith eyes the cash, overwhelmed at the amount. But he soon recovers and start planning what needs to be bought before an adventure: Climbing gear, heavy duty boots, a parka, crude water-filtration equipment, etc etc etc.
Back to top Go down
LucaStefan
Dementia
Dementia

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Terrance Wilkinson

You unfold the letter with unusual calm and start reading it as you puff gently from your pipe.

" Dear Mr. Wilkinson

If you are reading this note, then you have been accepted for the Mission. I have enclosed in the envelope some money to buy equipment and secure transportation to the Norwegian city of Bergen by the 12 of March, where you will check in the Altona tavern. You will be contacted then. If you are late, we will leave without you.
I don't think I need to mention that you should bring warm clothes.

Best regards,
Harold Wier"

You realize that the 12 of March is a month and a half away, but considering all the preparations needed, it's not that far away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Smith

You make a mental note of all the things you would need in a trip such as this.

((This is time given for you to investigate, gather materials, say goodbye to your home, and whatever else you want to do. We will move on when you are finished.))
Back to top Go down
Hulehvalen
Dementia
Dementia

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:46 am

Smith starts requisitioning all the supplies he doesn't think he can find in Norway. He also starts the draft for his goodbye letter to his family, as he knows they would try and stop him if they knew he was leaving for destination unknown.
Back to top Go down
Ziadan
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion
Ziadan

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:51 pm

Terrance threw the letter into the fire and placed the money in his wallet. he then walked into his personal quarters up to a large trunk. he opened it revealing his excavation and travelling gear, notes and files, aswell as his trusted rifle and a revolver. He packed what he knew he was gonna need. his hand then found a photo of his old army buddies.. taken shortly after their first trial of fire... only a few of them were still alive by now. on the desk was a picture of his late wife Lara who died during childbirth several years back. Their daughter didnt make it either. Ever since then Terrance had been infatuated with his work, trying to forget or perhaps searching for answers. Travelling all over the world uncovering the worlds hidden secrets.

Now all there was left was to leave a early payment for this month to his butler. Buy some good winter clothing and book a ticket to norway aswell as some prior investigation about the orb at the University where he would inform his colleges of his "vacation", fishing is said to be good this time a year in norway. But all that was due to tomorrow... he sat down back into his chair and filled a glass with some scotch and enjoyed the silence.
Back to top Go down
LucaStefan
Dementia
Dementia

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:02 am

John Smith

You quickly and easily manage to get a hold of all of the supplies, even though it did spark up a bit of suspicion. When you finally arrive home, your butler stops to tell you that a couple of your acquaintances had dropped by to ask where and why you're leaving. For a moment you question whether or not this is a good idea. The thought that this may not be such a safe journey suddenly hits you, and ask yourself if you should go ahead with this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrance Wilkinson

After some quick shopping, you head to the university for some investigation. You show the pictures to your fellow professors and they all furrow their brows and light their pipes simultaneously. The picture passes through the room getting all sorts of reactions between "this is fascinating" to "bollocks!", but finally none of the professors are able to give you any further information. However, when all the voices in the room die down, you hear a feint remark from somewhere in the corner. "I think I've seen something like that in a book of mine" he voice came from a short-haired girl. The professors scoffed, as it was know that this girl was more interested in the paranormal and the occult than in strong facts and evidence.
Back to top Go down
Ziadan
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion
Ziadan

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:37 am

Terrance raised his eyebrow as he heard the young womans remark. "Is that so? Then perhaps i could have a look at this book miss...?" he said politley. He was willing to use any source of information possible, he did not want to travel overseas unprepared. perhaps it was because of that the other investigators had found nothing, they didnt consider the possibility that their answers were to be found elsewhere than in just strictly scientific or historical sources.
Back to top Go down
LucaStefan
Dementia
Dementia

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:01 pm

Terrance Wilkinson

The girl shrugs "Follow me, the book is in another section of the library.", she replies. You follow her down some stairs and end up in an older section of the library. All the books here seem to have been untouched for quite some time. You take a left turn and then a right turn and another left turn, almost getting lost between the dusty book-shelves. You're becoming amazed at how well this girl seems to know this section of the library. Finally, you reach your destination and the girl exclaims "There it is! Just where I left it." as she picks up one of the less dusty tomes.
She opens up the book and quickly reaches the chapter about the mysterious orb. There is a rough sketch there of the orb, and a diagram showing it from different sides. The text reads: "... the sphere seems to be constructed out of some sort of metal, but it is much lighter than expected. It is ornamented so that it resembles a globe map of the Earth, but not as it is now. It resembles the map as the German scientist Alfred Wegener postulated would look like in a era long forgotten. The strange thing is that the orb seems much older than Wegener's theory..."
As an archeologist, this last phrase has significant implications to you, but you quickly regain your composure and continue reading. "...the orb also has a crease down the middle, right through where the equator line would be, making it look like it could be opened, but any attempt is futile, as the crease is interrupted by a solid piece of the orb on one side."
You also note that this particular orb has been found in South America, perhaps meaning that the one found by the Expedition is not unique.
Back to top Go down
Ziadan
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion
Ziadan

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:26 pm

Terrance reads further through the pages in hopes of finding something more before closing the book and checking its title. "Interesting...." he then says and notes the information down into his notebook. "I must thank you." he then tells the girl "This information may prove more valuable than either of us might think.. or at least i hope it will." he then returns the book and bid her farewell... He thought a quick read of Dr.Wegeners research might shed some further light to the subject. Then he would belive it would be time to depart for Norway.
Back to top Go down
LucaStefan
Dementia
Dementia

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:12 am

Both

After saying your final farewells to your home, you embark on the first train to Newcastle. You spend the journey in silent contemplation as the steam locomotive roars on. When you finally reach Newcastle the sun is well set, and you feel a bit uneasy walking down these streets at this hour. You hurry to the docks, having to catch the over-night ferry-boat, and also because you really didn't want to spend any more time in this place.
The ferry is crowded and dark, and there is not much of a chance to see around you. Everyone on the ferry seems to have fallen asleep except for you. You have a constant feeling that one of these shadowy figures is watching you. You feel a shiver down your spine as you turn around slightly and catch one of the other passengers close his eyes as you turn towards him. Maybe it was your imagination, but it seems that he's looking straight at you. Now that you think about it, you're not really sure if he really closed his eyes. You turn away as the thought of looking at the man while he looks back is a bit too disturbing for you.
You reach Kristiansand in the morning. The night went by in a haze, and you now recall the ferry having encountered some rough seas with large waves. You're not quite sure, but you think it was all a dream, as you also recall dreaming about a tall man looking though your bags but having checked in the morning, nothing was out of place.
You put the entire night out of your mind and catch the first train to Bergen. The compartment you are seated in doesn't seem to have a lock on the door, but you decide to keep an eye out in case someone comes in. You fail, however, and quickly fall asleep.
You wake up panicked, but quickly calm down as it seems that nothing was touched. In a few moments you arrive in Bergen and are a bit disappointed that nothing has changed about your uneasy state. The town is smothered with dense fog. It almost seems unnatural, as it wraps around you and you almost find it hard to breathe. You are a stranger here, and you must get to the Altona Tavern.

((on your own now))
Back to top Go down
Monkey King
Meglomaniac
Monkey King

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:12 am

The member 'LucaStefan' has done the following action : Dice roll

'D20' : 12
Back to top Go down
https://moaunited.forumotion.com
Ziadan
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion
Ziadan

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:32 am

Terrance cursed below his breath... he was suppoused to be a former soldier in the brittish army. he had seen things that should be more unerving than this. perhaps all those years behind a desk and reading books have made him rusty. Made him lose his edge. He checked that he still had his revolver on his shoulder holster. But somehow he knew that it was not going to be much of help. keeping an eye out he looks for the Altona Tavern.
Back to top Go down
Hulehvalen
Dementia
Dementia

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 8:26 am

Smith gathered his belongins and started walking. If he remembered the old maps right, the taverns was supposed to be not too far from the Dock district. Down that lane, first left, right at the second crossing.... Anyways, he figured he could try and follow the sound of drunken people when he got close enough.
Back to top Go down
LucaStefan
Dementia
Dementia

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:29 am

Terrance

Walking down the damp streets, you hear laughter coming from an alleyway and head in that direction, figuring that's where the tavern should be. However, as you approach where you heard the sounds from, the laughter seems to be getting further and further. You follow the laughter for a while, but it eventually fades. You suddenly realize you're in a different part of the city now, and you can't remember the way back to where you were.
Using your keen sense of direction, you estimate the way back to the dock district and start walking down the street. Entering the dock area again, you only now realize how empty the streets are in this area. There is literally no one outside except for you. The sound of your own footsteps and clothes rustling is starting to get to you. You think you see someone near the old brewery with the corner of your eye, but it's only a shadow.
Finally you see it, the Altona tavern. It's right at the end of the street, and you start walking quickly towards it. You hear a metallic sound behind you, and it seems you have dropped your pencil box. You pick it up, and as you lift your head, you are shocked to see that there is a man just there, leaning on the old brewery building and staring straight at you.
You quickly regain your composure and finally reach the Altona tavern.

Smith

You can almost see the map when you close your eyes, so navigating to the tavern would not be a problem. The streets seem abnormally empty for a busy port city such as this. The silence is making you uneasy, and you are almost thankful when you start hearing some noise other than your own footsteps and breathing. However, you suddenly realize the sound is coming from somewhere behind you, and it sounds like someone else's footsteps. For a moment, you are too afraid to turn around, but you manage to gather the courage eventually. Right at the edge of the mist there is a tall man in fisherman's clothes, and you can swear he is looking straight at you. You panic when you realize he is slowly walking towards you, with the slow determined gait of a madman.
You basically run the rest of the journey to the tavern.

Both

The Altona tavern is one of the oldest in the city, and that fact is pretty visible. The entire furniture is made of rough, unfinished pieces of timber, as if the place was visited by giants the rest of the time. The bar is placed opposite to the main entrance, and has a impossibly large sturgeon as a prize above it. There are a few tables scattered around, and a staircase to the side of the bar.
The tables are all empty except for one mysterious person sitting at a corner table. He seems to be wearing some sort of dark hood to conceal his face.

((I'll synchronize you after this))
Back to top Go down
Ziadan
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion
Ziadan

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:36 am

Terrance sits down beside a empty table and lets out a brief sigh of release... this town is almost like a ghost town. the salty air must be getting to him aswell. starting to hear things that are not there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunken Temple   The Sunken Temple I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sunken Temple
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MoAners United :: Get your game on... :: RP Games-
Jump to: