MoAners United

For those of us who remember, that, and we just need a forum for RP Games!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For a handfull of copper

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac

For a handfull of copper - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For a handfull of copper   For a handfull of copper - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 9:41 am

Romulus had been letting Remus rest and get something to eat, taking the time to grab a bite himself. Just something quick to keep him going until tonight when he could start a fire and cook some real food. His sharp teeth tore through the jerky with little problem. He'd been procuring some water for Remus when he saw more than heard a train on the tracks. The tracks were vibrating. Romulus hurriedly guided the water back into the skein before squinting down the track. It would figure the train would catch up, train could move as fast as Remus without having to rest.

Grabbing the reins Romulus led Remus further away from the tracks so his ill tempered horse didn't spook at feeling the grab of the huge object. That was when he heard the squealing start, "What the fuck?" he muttered as Remus gnashed furiously at his reins, "They're stopping the train..." It was still too far away for him to tell why. Perhaps there would be money in this opportunity...

With a grin on his face Romulus mounted his horse and trot towards the slowing train. These iron monsters always took a lot of track before they stopped, he'd probably end up meeting it there. Time to see what all the fuss was about. Just to be safe he pulled one rifle free of it's bandoleer, no one would get the jump on him.
Back to top Go down
Ziadan
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: For a handfull of copper   For a handfull of copper - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:30 am

Henry could have sworn he had heard something in the bushes. he calmly surveyed the area around them. he then saw a fox skitter away in the undergrowth. Henry chuckled to himself and let out a brief sigh of relief. Only to then feel the sensation of having a gun pointed at him. he raised his arms slowly and turned around. And there was three armed men dressed in black with red scarfs. Their leader made a gesture and one of then stepped forward to disarm henry of his pistol and hunting knife.

-"So what can i help you gentlemen with?" Henry said almost casually, in response he was rifle butted in his stomach... winding him.

"You be quiet for starters." said their leader he signalled again with his hand, his two henchmen along with three more that appeared from the darkness moved in on the carriage.

"You clearly arent with of these people. But you understand, these people are criminals on the run from the law. And you know helping criminals is punishable by death." the leader then said.

"Figured as much." Henry said and then suddenly he flicked his right hand, a throwing knife embedded itself in the mans throat, the man gurgled and then fell motionless. he quickly scurried over and retrieved the knife and the mans own rifle and ammo, hid the corpse and then stealthily snuck out into the bushes.

He saw Talus and his people were being forced on their knees on a straight line and their carriage ransacked and prepared to be torched. Henry knew all to well what was going on. he had done so himself during the war. these people clearly where not lawmen, but hired killers. Henry took a deep breath and steadied his stolen rifle and took aim.

Last edited by Ziadan on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:58 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://zegovia.deviantart.com/
Monkey King
Meglomaniac
Monkey King

PostSubject: Re: For a handfull of copper   For a handfull of copper - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:37 pm

Th door closest to Tannor swung open and smacked against the wall followed closely by the one at the far end near Megan and Jayne. Tannor has his gun eased out into his hand and sat quietly and at ease. Many of the occupants jumped as the doors slammed open, then grabbed at each other in fear as a couple of gruff ugly men entered at either end. All that is, except Fritz. Even Megan and Jayne were clutching at each other, mostly so Jayne could hide his shotgun from the men.

Two men at each end, which means there were two more out there, probably finishing up with the train engineers, Tannor thought to himself.

"Ladies and Gentlefolk, y'all goin' to reach for the sky, and me and my friends here are goin' to relieve you and yours of your goods!" One of the toothless brigands exclaimed loudly, obviously the leader.

Tannor watched as the three other men started to move amongst the passengers and demanding their money and goods. Tannor stood, drawing his gun fully. He reached back and smashed against the back of the robbers head who had his back to him. He turned and aimed at the leader, "Hey, you lose."

Tannor squeezed off one shot, his gun at his hip, taking the guy full in the chest as he turned to look at Tannor. At the same time Megan and Jayne shot the other two nearest them, and then chaos broke out.
Back to top Go down
https://moaunited.forumotion.com
Ziadan
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion
Ziadan

PostSubject: Re: For a handfull of copper   For a handfull of copper - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:05 am

One of the thugs raised his revolver to start executing Talus and his people.... but before the thug even pulled the hammer henry took his shot and the man fell like a rag. quickly he reloaded the next round and took aim again. the four other men had quickly thrown themsevels behind the cover of the carriage. Talus and the others began to run for safety but one of the thugs caught up with ada and took her for a hostage.

-"Surrender yourself or the whore gets i....." the thug was interupted as Henry put his next bullet in the mans forehead. now the other three men took notice of where he was and started fireing upon him. he quickly scurried back into the bushes and moved to get them from another angle. he heard bullets screaming past him not far from his ear. he laid flat breathing heavily. reloaded the lever action rifle and kneeled up and took another shot... damn! he said to himself as that shot embedded itself in the side of the carriage a foot of its mark. he quickly reloaded and took his fourth shot at the same time as his opponent shot with his revolver. Henry felt his cheek being torn up and fell backwards as the man slumped to the side clutching his innards.

Henry groaned and grasped his cheeck and felt his hand getting wet. he looked at hit and saw blood. There goes his handsome face he thought. he sat up and saw the business end of a shotgun pointing at him.
Back to top Go down
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: For a handfull of copper   For a handfull of copper - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Remus's hooves brought him quickly to the train, and before he could even wonder which carriage he should jump in to one of the windows blew out and he heard shooting. Well there you go. Romulus jumped down off of Remus and let his horse trot away from the hissing train while he lept on to the little platform between the carriages. The door was already open and he pushed his way inside, unslinging both his rifles.

It wasn't hard to tell who the bandits were. So ragged compared to what everyone else was wearing. Romulus's sharp eyes fell on one holding a shotgun to a kneeling man's face. One rifle roared and the bandit lost the top of his head and slumped to the ground. Another sharp crack and one more bandit went down. The rifles had enormous kickback and his body jerked with each shot, though it made his shots no less accurate.

"Hey guy," he grinned at the man with the bloody face he'd first saved, sharp teeth evident, "How you feeling?"

Honestly there wasn't much more he could do here...some other men and women had guns going and were running through the carriage. Romulus didn't care about killing innocents if he had to...but it wasn't necessary right now, "You know what the fuck is going on here? Simple take over?" Despite no longer shooting he kept both rifles in his hands, ready to fire on the fly.

Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion
Ziadan

PostSubject: Re: For a handfull of copper   For a handfull of copper - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:15 am

Henry closed his eyes and waited for the bang to come, but instead of a bang came a loud crack and a blinding light.... the thug wielding the shotgun was sent screaming several yards back like a sorry ragdoll. Henry looked around to se talus with a outstretched glowing hand. Henry looked back again and saw the two thugs making a run for it. Henry quickly stood up again and shot them both down out in the dark..... moments passed and henry stood up again.

"A mage.... heh... should have known." he said and then groaned as he realised his cheek was still torn up and bleeding.

"Could you please take care of his wound Carla." Talus told his wife and she moved up and laid her hand on Henrys cheek, warm light came out and the pain resided alittle and the bleeding stopped. henry said a light thanks and then turned his attention back to Talus.

"Yes me and my wife are mages, the others are our aprentices. we were cased out of our homes.... but apparantly that was not enough. someone hired killers to chase us down and dispose of us. someone has placed a large bounty on magic users dead or alive and thus our kind are being hunted like wild animals all over the land."

"So you are just going to keep running untill there is nowhere else to go?" Henry then said as he retrieved his stolen gear, he kept the rifle though.

"No there is a place, a secret haven for all mages somewhere out west. Refuge."

"Youre letting me know all this why?"

"You saved us..... and i can tell you are a man to be trusted."
Back to top Go down
Monkey King
Meglomaniac
Monkey King

PostSubject: Re: For a handfull of copper   For a handfull of copper - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:50 pm

Tannor punched the man who tried to push him out of the way then fired his gun into the roof, "Quiet down your slack jawed hillbillies!" The yelling died down instantly as the shot rang through the cabin, "Now, ain't noone here hurt, so you all just keep your seats, stay calm, me and mine here will make sure we are safe," Tannor said to the occupants of the cabin.

He nodded his head at Jayne and Megan who turned and bundled out the door furthrest from Tannor. He turned then as the door closest to him opened again. Shock registered in the man's eyes, but only for an instance as he knocked the gun from Tannor's and lunged for his throat.

Tannor grabbed at the man's hands as he took a step back from the weight of the bandit. He felt the man's hands squeeze onhim and the screams of the woman in the carriage seemed to be more and more distance as he heard a rushing sound in his ears.

He watched as if from a distance, his mind almost disconnected from the entire scene as he saw Fritz grab the man's arm.

Tannor seemed to zoom back into his body as both he and the bandit turned to look at Fritz who pressed himself up as close as he could to the man. Tannor felt his medallion grow icy cold and saw a red glow emanate from between the man's arm and Fritz's hand, a orange symbol upon the back of Fritz's hand glowed. A Symbol Tannor had seen many times.

The man's arm jerked and Tannor felt himself crash forward as the man's resistance and effort suddenly stopped. He and the bandit thudded into the door of the next carriage and both fell to the floor of the small joining bridge.

Tannor clutched at his throat and coughed hoarsely and turned back towards the carriage doorway. He stood and walked back to retrieve his gun, then walked out, glaring at Fritz.
Back to top Go down
Monkey King
Meglomaniac
Monkey King

PostSubject: Re: For a handfull of copper   For a handfull of copper - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Tannor unloaded one shot into the man who had strangled him then turned at Fritz, "You and I, we'll talk on this later"

Tannor headed out, his pistol in his hand and looked upwards and saw Jayne jumping the small gap between this carriage and coal carriage of the train. Tannor clambered up the ladder, awkwardly, encumbered by his pistol, but unwilling to let it go. He clambered onto the coal carriage and looked back, seeing Megan heading back to check the cargo carriages.

Tannor turned and saw Jayne with a rifle fixed into the main engine room of the train, "Reach for the sky whoreson, before I plug you" Tannor heard Jayne exclaim to someone. Tannor swore inwardly, Jayne was doing things sloppy again. You either don't give them a chance or you don't do it from such a open position. Tannor scrambled forward.
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: For a handfull of copper   For a handfull of copper - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Ray traveled straight on through the night, deciding if she was going to stop, she would do it when the sun was high in the sky at its hottest the next afternoon. She wasn't tired just yet, for one, and second, she'd conserve more energy if she slept during the day and traveled at night. She didn't use up as much energy and didn't sweat as much in the evening.

She wasn't sure how much farther she had left to go. She didn't want to use her magic to find out. For one, worrying about the distance wouldn't shorten the trip. Secondly, she was afraid of getting too used to using her magic regularly. Doing so would make her more dependent on it and she ran the risk of giving herself away to those who'd want her dead.
Back to top Go down
Ziadan
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion
Ziadan

PostSubject: Re: For a handfull of copper   For a handfull of copper - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 1:23 pm

Henry examied his cheek with a mirror, carla had done a good job mending the wound but there was definantly going to be some bad scarring... luckily his mustache would cover some of it up... and having a nasty scar would make it harder for him to get recognised by any lawmen, on the other hand it would give him a harder times with the ladies. he put the mirror away and continued riding along the side of Talus's Carriage. Everyone was still on edge, everyone had been awfully quiet. not suprising considering the sircumstances. If they kept traveling through the night they should reach Silverstone by tomorrow noon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For a handfull of copper   For a handfull of copper - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For a handfull of copper
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MoAners United :: Get your game on... :: RP Games-
Jump to: