MoAners United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MoAners United

For those of us who remember, that, and we just need a forum for RP Games!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Survivor: Zombie Nation

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:18 am

Zarita focused on the road, hoping to be out of away from New Orleans and out of Louisiana by nightfall. California by car was only about a 2 or 3 days drive from her town, but that didn't take into account the need to stop for gas and defend against zombies. Or the need to find food, as restaurants and drive-thrus were currently closed indefinitely. Plus there was the problem of car crashes and such blocking the roads and sometimes having to find alternate routes.

All-in-all, there was no telling how long it would be before she got to Cali, and the worry over her father and his partner gnawed at her mind if she dwelled on it too much. Which she did often. After all, what else was there to do? She leaned sideways, careful not to wake the doctor as she opened the glove compartment to grab some of the CDs she'd stuffed in there. No radio meant providing your own music.
Back to top Go down
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:20 pm

Rich wasn't sure for how long he had slept but he did know he felt better rested than he had in weeks. With a big jaw cracking yawn he opened his eyes and stretched in the seat, looking first out the window and then over at Zarita who was still driving.

"Hey," he said, voice husky from sleep, "You want me to take over so you can get some shut eye too?" he rubbed his palm over the scratchy stubble on his strong jaw and gave her a small grin, "Just point me in the right direction..."

Greyson's eyes subtly traced over her body. She was good looking. Now that he wasn't exhausted or trying to wheedle himself into her good graces he could take some time to just look at her. Well, god was being good to him. He made sure his glances weren't obvious before turning to just stare out the windshield. He could get lucky with this girl.
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:51 pm

Honestly, she considered turning him down and telling him where he could shove his suggestion. Then she decided that lack of sleep was probably what was making her so cranky. Besides, she had to start giving him a chance to prove she could trust him.

Before she could change her mind, she pulled over to the side of the road. "Fine."
Back to top Go down
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:00 pm

Greyson gave a short nod and opened the passenger door, leaving his axe on the floor. He moseyed over to the other side, straightening his slightly wrinkled labcoat before jumping into the driver's seat, "So want me to just keep following this road?" he asked, putting the car back into drive as soon as Zarita was settled into the passenger seat, "I can wake you up if we hit a road block the truck can't drive around, alright?"

He needed her to warm up to him. Rich gave her a kind smile as he started driving back down the road. She did look like she needed the sleep. She'd probably be even hotter without those bags under her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:17 pm

When he stepped out, Zarita slid across the front into the passenger's seat. She had nodded at his first question, opening her mouth to say something when he continued. And said exactly what she was going to tell him, that if something blocked the road or was going to cause them to detour, for him to wake her. She closed her mouth and stared at him for a moment.

He was trying to gain her trust. That much was obvious. She wondered if he had any ulterior motives, but couldn't think of any possibilities at the moment. She was just really really tired. And now that she wasn't sitting behind the wheel, she felt it down to her bones. She'd had no more than an hour's cat nap every half day or so for the past couple of days. Her body was demanding that she let go of her suspicions, stopped being so tense, and sleep while such a thing was possible.

"All right," Zarita finally said, although he'd already started the car down the road. She pulled her seat belt on and then settled against the door, half turned so that she was able to see the road ahead, him and with only a slight turn of her head, Tabitha in the backseat.
Back to top Go down
Monkey King
Meglomaniac
Monkey King

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:51 pm

I woke up when I felt the car stop. Something about this period of time and the slightest change in movement or even a small sound could wake me, before the zombpocalypse as Jake called it, I could sleep through almost anything. Now, a worm breaks wind and I'm and ready to run.

I listened to Buffy's and Dylan's conversation, the ringing in my ears having subsided. He was nice, and so handsome as well, though Buffy seemed to be a bit offhand at him, maybe she didn't trust anyone, which was silly, I mean, live people vs dead people, you kind of wanted to keep people close to you as possible I feel.

I closed my eyes again and drifted off to sleep.
Back to top Go down
https://moaunited.forumotion.com
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:47 pm

Staying awake proved to be impossible. Oh, she did try. But a few moments after Rich started driving, she found herself unable to keep her eyes open. She was just so exhausted. She opened her mouth to issue a last second reminder that he was to stay on course and wake her if they needed to detour for anything, as she suspected they'd have to do by nightfall for more gas, but wasn't sure she managed anything more than a mumbled word or two. She was so exhausted, she didn't even dream, which was probably a blessing.
Back to top Go down
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Rich drove down an empty road for hours. There were no blocks yet and for that he was grateful. He rather enjoyed the silence as the girls slept and he loved to drive. This truck was nowhere near as fun as his Cadillac had been (wrecked by some bitch he'd picked up once things really got to hell...she'd been a good fuck but Rich had abandoned her easily after she'd ruined his precious car...) however the driving did give him time just to think. Sometimes about what it would be like to have both the women here lavishing attention over his body, somethings about his old life and how much he missed it....little things, big things, whatever.

Finally he saw a pileup of about twenty cars in the middle of the road. Greyson frowned lightly and stopped as he thought about how they were going to get passed this with the car. On either side of the road were some ditches....just deep enough to make him nervous about attempting to drive the car through them and around the pileup. Ah he'd better wake up Zarita.

"Hey," he whispered, shaking her should lightly, "Sorry to wake you up Zarita but seeing as how it's your truck I want you to say whether or not I should go over this ditch or turn around and find another way...there was an off ramp about two miles back, I'm sure I could navigate around the pile up that way..."

Of course once you were in a town you were more likely to run into the monsters...
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Once upon a time, she had been a really heavy sleeper. A storm could be raging outside her window, and she would sleep on regardless. Since this all began, though, it was another story. Specifically, because her mother had come in from the garden while her stepfather was in the bathroom and stumbled into Zarita's room. Her tendency to take days to unpack is what had saved her, as her zombified mother had made a racket falling over one of her larger suitcases, causing enough of a racket that Joe had come by to investigate.

If he hadn't come at that moment, Zarita might never have woken up at all. The fear of getting caught like that again was enough to give her nightmares and keep her from sleeping that deeply again. The moment Rich's hand touched her shoulder, she was awake, sitting up and automatically trying to move back.

She looked in front as he spoke, eyes flickering to the car clock. Hours. She had been asleep for hours. "Hm, let me take a look at the ditch first," she said, grabbing up the axe he'd left on the floor in front of her. "Borrowing this."

She opened the door and stepped out, looking around cautiously. It all might seemed deserted, but sometimes, there was no telling where these bastards were going to pop up.
Back to top Go down
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:52 pm

Rich opened the door and jumped out as well, mostly just to stretch his legs. However he didn't move far from the car. If there were monsters here who wanted the two drivers wandering AWAY from the car? They'd make a faster getaway this way.

"So what do you think?" he called out, leaning against the front of the car and crossing his arms over his chest, "You know if this thing gets stuck in there we aren't getting it out again without a tow truck...which you may find difficult to acquire!"
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:57 pm

"No shit, Sherlock," Zarita called back, walking over towards the ditch. That was why she was checking first. The truck was meant for off-roading, but this wasn't going to be an option for them. Another car had thought to do the same a little farther up and she didn't want to try maneuvering around it.

"We'll have to head back," she said, heading back to the car. "I'm through sleeping. I can drive."
Back to top Go down
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:05 pm

Greyson shrugged and moved towards the passenger side of the car, "Alright, if you get tired again I'm willing to drive again, I find it relaxing," he grinned at her, completely uncaring about her terse reply earlier. Rich was going to rock this bitch and he didn't care how many insults he had to sidestep to do it. He knew what he was doing.

Rich stepped up into the cab and took a seat, buckling up and staring at the pile up with an unreadable yet perhaps vaguely amused look on his face, "Well, there's that off ramp two miles back, let's see what we can do, hm?"
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:30 pm

Zarita pulled her seat belt on, putting Rich's axe on the seat between them before putting the car into reverse. She turned the vehicle around and maneuvered around the few cars that were abandoned on the road, most likely having run out of gas or something. "Was the exit clear, then?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Monkey King
Meglomaniac
Monkey King

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:18 pm

I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes, I hadn't slept that well in months, well, since this whole business of zombies had started. For a week or so I had just wandered around, hiding in the boots of cars and trucks where I could and scavenging like some poor rat.

I looked at Dylan and Buffy, "Sorry about that, I haven't slept like that in ages!" I noticed then that we had turned around and were heading in another direction. I looked back and saw the gridlock of cars. If it were just me I would have taken a boon like that at a jump, finding a suitable car to hide out and another to store goods while I worked out a way to go on. I learnt that from Jake's books. He said to take what time you could, preparing and making everything ready for those times when you had to move.

I turned back to the front, "So, what's our plan here? do we need supplies, I've got some skittles in my bag and some fresh water, but I don't think it'll last long?"
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:13 am

Zarita looked at Tabitha in the rear view briefly. "Rich said we passed an exit two miles back, so we're going to get off there and drive passed that section of the highway. Get back on somewhere further down."

She hooked a thumb towards the floor of the backseat. "The gallon of water and food, some bread and peanut butter, I had earlier are back there. Should be another one, about half full, too, as well as another bag of food. Some canned fruits and vegetables, bag of chips and I think some Twinkies are still left."
Back to top Go down
Monkey King
Meglomaniac
Monkey King

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:20 am

I lit up inside, "twinkies are a hard sought after item, or at least Jake thought so."

My eyes opened a little wider and I felt the heat rush to my face. I'd been away from people so long I had started talking outloud to myself to at least hear a voice and confirm to myself that I was alive. It may not have been too sane at the time, but it kept me going sometimes.

I glanced at the rearview and then hunted into my bag for the skittles, pulling out one of the bags, trying to be engrossed as much as possible in that one act. I grasped a bag and yanked it out, feeling triumphant and poured some out into my hand.

I held the packet to the front, "ummmm skittles?"
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:57 am

"Hm, sure," Zarita said, opening her hand for some Skittles. "Who's this Jake? Family? Boyfriend?"
Back to top Go down
Monkey King
Meglomaniac
Monkey King

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:48 pm

I poured some into her hand and froze as I heard the question and figured just nodding agreement would be fine as I stuffed skittles into my mouth. Then offered the bag to Dylan.
Back to top Go down
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:08 pm

Rich glanced back at the other girl with calm grey eyes and smiled kindly, holding up his hand, "None for me thanks, I've never had much of a taste for candy and sweets, call me crazy I know," he laughed lightly and winked at her before turning back to the road.
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:51 pm

Zarita took the hint. The other girl didn't want to talk about it. That was fine, she'd just been trying to make conversation. Instead, she set the Skittles on her lap, absently looking down from time to time. Her father had gotten her into the habit of eating them in order by color: yellow, orange, purple, green and red. Cherry was their favorite, and as he always said, you saved the best for last.

Thinking about him, she wondered how he was doing. She hoped he was okay, hidden somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:37 pm

Sitting in the front seat with nothing to do but watch the road, Rich dozed off again, head resting against the window. It was hard not to sleep...he felt so safe in this damn truck. An illusion? Maybe, but it was doing its job. When he woke up again he was unsure of how much time had passed, though he was unbelievably hungry and very thirsty, "How long was I out?" he asked, voice scratchy as he sat up and popped his neck, "And where did you say that food and water was...?" he blinked blearily and rubbed his eyes, yawning widely.
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:43 pm

"About two hours," Zarita replied to Rich's first question. They'd gotten off the exit and driven straight through and out of the town it let them out at. Now, they were on a long stretch of country road somewhere in Texas. "Water, bread and peanut butter are on the floor in the backseat. There are cans in the bed. We'll have to stop for gas soon."

Downside of the truck. It had to be gassed up pretty frequently, which meant a lot of stopping and a lot of opportunities to run into the flesh-eating locals. However, the ability to mow down said locals was well-worth it. It had gotten her out of a sticky situation once, and she couldn't imagine she'd have been so well-off in something smaller.
Back to top Go down
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:48 pm

Two hours, not bad. Rich hummed lightly and turned around in his seat to grab some water and bread and peanut butter. Some disposable plastic knives and forks rested beside them. Good thinking. He spread a sandwich and ate it eagerly, drinking enough to sate his thirst without hogging the water. Who knew when they could get more? Rich set the things back and sighed happily, feeling full and content, "That's more like it..." he almost purred.

"When we stop for gas I'll offer my services as a watch," he pat the axe between his legs, "Isn't this better than traveling alone?" Greyson smiled at the girl.
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Considering she'd gotten to sleep but lost no progress in traveling, she could actually agree. Not that she'd admit it to him. The doctor was just too damn smug. She was sure if things had been normal, he'd have been one of those cocky know-it-alls used to getting any and everything he wanted. It made her want to punch him.

Instead, she kept her hands on the steering wheel and said, "Except now, there needs to be food for three people."
Back to top Go down
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Rich shrugged, "True, but now you have three people gathering it. Pros outweigh the cons, I promise to carry my own weight, Zarita..."

He left her to her driving. She never seemed like she wanted to talk to him. Greyson contemplated how best to get her to fall for him. How should he act towards her? Hard to tell so soon after meeting her. Rich would just have to keep an eye on how she acted and tailor his responses accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:31 pm

You'd better carry your own weight, Zarita thought. She didn't bother voicing the thought, though, considering he'd gone quiet again.

A small, very small, part of her felt guilty at the thought that if her mother could see her behavior right now, she would be appalled. She almost laughed, thinking about it. Not only would her mother be appalled, but she would have scolded her thoroughly. After all, here was a handsome doctor (granted, self-proclaimed, but he certainly actually looked the part) trying to talk to her and she was being more than a little rude. She could just hear what her mother would say to her before turning to Rich and apologizing on her shameful daughter's behalf.

Zarita forced her thoughts elsewhere. Thinking about her mom was depressing. She realized a second too late that they were passing a sign. "You see how far to the next gas station?"
Back to top Go down
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:42 pm

Rich himself had hardly been paying attention, deep in thoughts of getting what he wanted, but thankfully the numbers had stuck in his head, "Shell station, about 2 miles," he said easily without turning his head from the window. The view from this road was rather breath taking. Pity everything had gone so completely to hell.
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:52 pm

"Thanks," Zarita said grudgingly. If he didn't slip up soon, she was going to seem like a major bitch, she realized. Which wouldn't matter, except that, well, there were only two other people with her. It would kind of suck if they both turned against her, although Tabitha didn't seem like that.

Then again, what did she know about the other girl? Not a damn thing, that was for sure.

Considering the lack of traffic, two miles was covered in no time and Zarita pulled into the gas station. She turned the car off, scanning the area. Everything seemed quiet...
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:56 pm

(In italics for MK's Tabitha)

I peered at the darkness of the gas station, trying to see if there were any infected inside, as if they had some sort of beacon that picked them all out.

I turned and looked at Buffy, "Maybe we could grab some cans and fill them up with extra petrol, just in case we get stranded or something or need to go that extra few miles?"

I felt awkward suggesting something like that to Buffy, like she hadn't already thought of it.

I looked back at the darkness of the gas station, "We'll need power as well, unless you guys know how to get petrol out of dead pumps?"

I felt the fear rise slowly up inside of me.

Zarita looked back at Tabitha, slightly surprised at hearing from her as she'd thought she was still sleeping. She was even more surprised by her words. She'd been right. Jumpy, yes, perhaps a bit of a scaredy cat, but considering what was out there, who could really blame her? In any case, she was smart. No wonder she'd survived thus far.

"I can turn the power on. Stepfather owned a gas station, so I know my away around. As for getting extra, good idea, Tabi." She leaned down to pull the small latch that opened the small door to the gas container. "I'll go around back and turn the power on. You two can go inside. Grab water, food, and as many empty gas cans as you can, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Saotoshi
Fregoli Delusion
Fregoli Delusion

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:03 pm

I looked at Buffy, wondering how good an idea it was to split up, but then, this was Buffy, she'dbe fine by herself, and she would have the good strong Dylan with her.

I nodded, smiled and opened up the car and eased out my gun, flicking off the safety, and moved like a small mouse towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Salazar
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Rich grabbed his axe and stepped out of the car, stretching his back and long legs with a short groan, "We'll gather up everything we can, yell if you need any help...ah..." he cracked his neck with a satisfied sigh and hoisted the axe over his shoulder, "Come on Tabitha," he said cheerily enough, "Let's get this stuff packed up before someone else does!"

So far there didn't seem to be a single zombie around, but he kept his eyes and ears open. Walking across the concrete he checked through the glass to see if any were inside...the place was a mess but...he didn't see anything. Yet. Rich pulled open the door and stepped inside.
Back to top Go down
Monkey King
Meglomaniac
Monkey King

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:48 pm

I smiled at Dylan's back, it was nice to have a man around, someone to take charge and lead. I won't lie, I was still scared, scared out of my mind, but Dylan made it almost bearable, like some sort of breaker against the storms.

I stepped in after Dylan, the place was messier, well, than how my brother had his room back home, well, before he started to munch on Chad's innards.

I looked about, We should get a bag or something to carry stuff?" I whispered quietly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Zombie Nation   Survivor: Zombie Nation - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Survivor: Zombie Nation
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next